Advocates for Safe Homes
Henrico CASA promotes safe homes and healthy childhoods, which lead to a thriving community.
Our courts make critical decisions to ensure the safety of children who have experienced abuse or neglect. Henrico CASA serves these vulnerable children by advocating for their best interests and making sure their voice is heard within the court system and the community.
Connection and permanency are proven keys to a healthy childhood. Henrico CASA provides both by being a consistent presence in a child's life, increasing overall well-being, and strengthening support systems for the future.
Adverse experiences like abuse and neglect impact not just a child's present, but their future, as well. By intervening early and leveraging community resources, Henrico CASA works to change the trajectory of a child's life. Building better childhoods builds better communities.
Henrico CASA advocates in court for a child's best interests and seeks to educate the community concerning the needs of abused and neglected children.
All children in Henrico County live in safe and stable homes.
Henrico CASA provides best-interest advocacy for children and integrates the following guiding principles into our program’s practices, policies and procedures. We are committed to:
• Family preservation and reunification. Children grow up best in their families. Our work will support preservation and reunifications whenever that can be achieved safely.
• Diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our children come from all parts of Henrico County. We believe our volunteers, management and staff, and our Board should reflect that diversity and should feel safe and comfortable in their roles.
• Collaboration within the child welfare and court system. We will work jointly with professionals throughout the system in the best interest of children.
• Gratitude for the commitment made by our volunteers, staff, and donors. We realize that we could not accomplish our mission without the selfless commitment from many in our community.
• Stewardship of the resources entrusted to us. We will use our resources carefully to help ensure we can serve all children who need us.